Petzl Rad System
Delivery time appr. 4-7 workdays
- Article no 56-3342540832626
- GTIN 3342540832626
- manufacturer no: K011AA00
- manufacturer Petzl
Petzl RAD SYSTEM
Access the inaccessible
Petzl offers the Rad System, a complete, lightweight and compact equipment set with special lanyard designed for ski mountaineers for crevasse rescue, rappelling and roping up on the glacier to go around a crevasse zone. Those who work several meters above the ground every day, or are professionals in skiing need special safety and appropriate equipment. Rescue teams around the world dedicate their lives to saving others and rely on Petzl to do so.
With the complete ultra-light and extremely compact RAD SYSTEM (Rescue And Descent), professional ski mountaineers, winter sports enthusiasts and adventurers have the necessary equipment to rescue a comrade from a crevasse, abseil down or rope up while skirting a crevasse zone. The complete set consists of a transport bag, 30 meters of RAD LINE special reef cord 6 mm, carabiners, rope clamps and a webbing sling.
Ultralight, compact & mobile.
Both to carry in a backpack and part of an extensive ski equipment, the Petzl Rad System is the ideal solution for ski mountaineers. Thanks to the rewind, the rope is protected from knotting and twisting and is ready for immediate use. All components are safely stored in the transport bag. The transport bag with two loops on the outside can be perfectly attached to the harness or in the backpack. On the outside there is also an ice screw holder, as well as two webbing loops for attaching the components of the set. Weighing only 660g with 30m of reef cord, Petzl offers an ultralight wheel system that can easily and safely be present in all sporting activities. The stretch of the hyperstatic cord is less than 2% to facilitate rescue maneuvers and eliminate the yoyo effect when rappelling or catching a crevasse fall.
Complete, ultra-light and very compact set:
- 30 m of RAD LINE 6 mm cord, developed specifically for crevasse rescue, rappelling, and roping up on a glacier when getting out of a crevasse zone
- 3 Sm’D SCREW-LOCK carabiners
- 1 TIBLOC ascender
- 1 MICRO TRAXION progress-capture pulley
- 1 ST’ANNEAU 120 cm sling
- equipment is contained in a storage bag
Kit designed for action:
- ideal bottom-of-the-pack solution for back-country skiers
- cord is folded for immediate use, eliminating risk of knots or twists
- two loops on the exterior of the pouch for attaching it to a harness or inside the backpack
- sewn webbing loops on the top of the bag for attachment of all components of the kit
- ice screw holder on the outside of the pouch
- only 660 g for 30 m
- flexible cord with rough-textured sheath for excellent handling and descent control when rappelling, and to aid in braking when arresting a crevasse fall
- the hyperstatic cord has less than 2 % elongation, to facilitate rescue maneuvers and eliminate the yo-yo effect during rappels or fall arrest in a crevasse
- Material(s): aluminum, stainless steel, high-modulus polyethylene (HMPE), polyester, nylon
RAD SYSTEM - Ski rescue kit - Featuring Xavier de le Rue & Tony Lamiche
Petzl is a manufacturer of cave and climbing equipment. Petzl focuses on vertical sports such as mountaineering, caving and climbing. Petzl offers equipment such as the Ice Pick Quark, Summit, Petzl Nomic Ice Tool and other safety and climbing equipment. Dress up for your next climbing tour with the Astro Bod Fast harness or the Sequoia and Sitta harness in different sizes. Additional equipment must not be missing, for this Petzl offers carabiner, ice screws, ropes such as Contact 9. 8. Petzl also offers headlamps for every need: DUO Z1, DUO Z2, Pixa 3, Swift RL and DUO S 1100Im, Actik Core, Tikkina. The helmets Vertex Vent, Strato and Sirocco offer additional safety for ice climbing. For a secure hold, Petzl has the crampons Leopard FL, Irvis, Vasak and Lynx in its assortment.